Stretch, jump, leap and keep fit!
Gymnastics develops the fundamental physical skills that all children need to build to become fit, healthy and active individuals.
At Egham Orbit we run Gymnastics classes for children aged two to teens to help them develop skills including speed, strength, flexibility, coordination, balance and core stability. As well as the physical benefits, gymnastics is a fun and enjoyable class where children can make friends for life.
Coached Gymnastics Courses:
All Gymnastics sessions take place weekly on a Thursday during term time.
Toddlers & Pre-School (2-4 years):
1.00-1.45pm – Toddler & Parent Course (2-3 years) with parent participation
1.45-2.30pm – Pre-School Course (3+ years) without parent participation
Beginners (4+ years): 3.30-4.15pm
Suitable for children who are Reception school age onwards, or who are new to gymnastics and are looking to learn the basic skills such as balance, strength, flexibility and coordination. Children will work through the BAGA award levels, with badges available to reward successful completion.
Intermediate (7-9+ years): 4.15-5.00pm
Suitable for children who have completed the Beginner stages, or for children joining us who are slightly older or have some Gymnastics experience. Sessions involve development of the basic skills as well as starting to learn more progressive moves. Children will continue to focus and work through the BAGA award scheme.
Advanced (Invite-only): 5:00-6:00pm
Gymnasts who attend the Intermediate session that have reached an Advanced level will be invited to attend these sessions where they will be able to further their development. Please only join these sessions online if you have a strong Gymnastics background – if unsure please sign up for the Intermediate session for one week and check with the coach if you are suitable to be invited to the Advanced classes.
Our Gymnastics coached courses run as a weekly session during term time, running for 39 weeks of the year. Payment is taken via a monthly Direct Debit over 11 months of year, with no fee taken in August due to the summer holidays. The minimum period of contract is 3 full monthly payments.
Direct Debit prices are as follows:
- 45 minute classes (one per week) – £27.50 per month (less than £10 per session!)
- 60 minute classes (one per week) – £37.00 per month
Enrol at any time!
Click the button below to be directed to our online joining portal. If you are already a member of our swim school then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join, instead of joining online, as we will need to add Gymnastics onto your account.
Once you have chosen the class you would like to join, please enter the gymnast’s details and account information for the Direct Debit. You will then receive an email with access to your online HomePortal account where you can view your booked sessions. Full T&Cs can be found here.
If you cannot find a suitable session, or if you have any other queries, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Where does Gymnastics take place?
Our Gymnastics sessions take place at Egham Orbit in the Sports Arena – click here for centre information and how to find us.
Do you have a uniform?
- We do not have a set uniform but please ensure that all gymnasts wear suitable clothing (leotard or shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet).
- No jewellery should be worn and long hair should be tied back.
Do parents have to stay on-site?
- Parents should remain on-site during all sessions in case of any emergencies.
- For our ‘stay and play’ drop-in sessions parents must remain with their children at all times.
- For our coached sessions, parents are encouraged to visit Egham Orbit Cafe for a Costa Coffee and other drinks & snacks. Or why not treat yourself to a relaxing treatment at Otium Spa or go for a swim?
What happens if a session is missed?
- If you miss a session due to holidays/illness/other committments etc, we cannot offer catch-up sessions or refunds unfortunately. It is advised to consider this before booking a holiday or making other committments.
- In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel the session for any reason, we will apply a credit to your child’s membership account. This credit will be valid for 2 months and can be used against other services that we offer such as soft play, fun splash, family splash, inflatable sessions, or it can be redeemed against our cafe and retail items. We will inform you as soon as possible of the change and you will be notified via your HomePortal.
When are there lesson breaks?
Our Gymnastics coached courses run as a weekly session during term time, running for 39 weeks of the year. We have planned closures in line with the Surrey school holidays. No payments are taken in August.
How do I cancel my course?
- You can cancel your membership for Gymnastics courses after your minimum period of contract of 3 full paid months. If you provide written notice via email by the 15th of the month requesting cancellation, then your sessions and Direct Debit payments will be cancelled at the end of that month. Emails received after the 15th of the month will result in your sessions and Direct Debit payments continuing until the end of the following month.
- You must inform us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not cancel at your bank.
- Full T&Cs can be found here.
Stay & Play Gymnastics Drop-In Sessions:
11am-12pm every Thursday at Egham Orbit
A fun drop-in session suitable for babies and toddlers (maximum age 4) with soft play equipment and gymnastics apparatus including an inflatable track, mini jumpers, balance beams, bars and other small toys. This is a great way to introduce your little ones to the gymnastics environment prior to starting coached classes. Please note, parents must participate at all times as this is not a coached session, although there will be a member of staff supervising the session.
£5.20 per session per child, or £8 per child including a Medium hot drink.
Please note, these sessions can be booked up to 7 days in advance, in order to guarantee your space. Book online or by calling 01784 333111 (tickets are non-refundable). Tickets can also be purchased on the day at Reception, subject to availability.